One of the most important things you can do to ensure a long and healthy life for your cat is to bring them into our office for a comprehensive annual exam. This is a vital step in Charlotte cat care because it helps our vets find small issues before they become major health problems for your cat. Cats are notorious for hiding the fact they don’t feel well–this is a survival mechanism they developed in the wild to prevent showing signs of weakness to predators and other cats. Oftentimes, by the time an owner realizes there is a problem the cat is usually very, very sick. Finding those problems early during a comprehensive exam helps you and your vet treat the issue before it can endanger your cat’s life. A comprehensive preventative check-up in our office includes:
- Physical exam of your cat, including coat, ears, eyes, glands and internal systems.
- A vaccination plan that will keep your cat up-to-date on important shots.
- A dental exam to determine if a cleaning or tooth removal is necessary for the health of your cat.
- Weight management to help prevent heart disease and other health issues.
- Prevention and control of parasites (a must for Charlotte cat owners!).
We offer preventative service for adult cats as well as preventative kitten care. Give your cat the best chance at a long and happy life with you by making an appointment with us today. You can call 980-938-8136 or schedule a visit through our website. We’re looking forward to seeing you and your cat in our office soon!